If you’ve been accused of a white-collar crime in and around Houston, it can be a serious thing to deal with. Both your private and business reputation can be tainted with this type of charge easily. When you have your name in an investigation, it can have lasting consequences for someone. With a white-collar crimes attorney from the Law Offices of Maverick Ray LLC on your side, you have peace of mind that your rights will be protected throughout the entire legal process. We have experience building strong cases with possible defenses for cases similar to yours. When you’re facing allegations of any white collar crime, hire an experienced Texas white collar crimes attorney who has a proven track record of helping individuals like you successfully.
Understanding White Collar Crimes
White collar crimes are defined by The Department of Justice as “nonviolent, illegal activities that involve manipulation, breach of trust, concealment or deceit without the use of physical force.” These types of cases can be complex and require the expertise of a white-collar crimes attorney in Pasadena. When you or a loved one is facing these state of federal charges, it’s time to hire expert legal counsel that you can trust.
Some of the most commonly prosecuted crimes in this area of the law include and are not limited to:
- Mail fraud: This is prosecuted by the Federal Government. They must prove that someone obtained money or property or defrauded someone by fraudulent means.
- Ponzi Schemes: Investment managers defraud investors by using the money from later investors to pay off earlier one rather than actually investing this money.
- Wire Fraud: This federal crime uses telephone, radio, or television transmissions that cross state lines in order to steal.
- Securities Fraud: This means that someone fails to truthfully disclose activities to investors or analysts. Insider trading is included in this white-collar crime.
- Bankruptcy Fraud: This is when someone hides assets or information in a federal bankruptcy case.
- Money Laundering
These are just some of the many white-collar crimes, and an experienced white-collar crimes attorney is knowledgeable of all areas of this law and how to defend cases involving these crimes.
Wire fraud consists of using electronic communication to misrepresent or perpetrate a fraud upon another person with the intention of obtaining goods, services, or money. This can include television, telephone, radio, Internet, or e-mail. This becomes a federal charge when it affects a federal institution such as a bank. Penalties for this crime are lengthy, so hiring a white-collar crimes attorney to represent you is important.
Federal fraud cases can include bribery, embezzlement, computer and internet crimes, and much more. Our expert white-collar crimes legal team can investigate your case and provide you the best possible defense available. This requires contacting our team to get the expert counsel that you need and deserve. To learn more about our legal services at the Law Offices of Maverick Ray LLC, call 281-947-2007 today.